– Citizenship: Must be a Singapore Citizen + with family nucleus comprising at least another Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (SC + SC/PR)
– Age: Buyer at least 21 years old. If 2 person buying an EC under Joint Singles Scheme, both must be at least 35 years old
– Family Nucleus:
1) Public Scheme – Applicant with spouse & children (if any)/Parents & siblings (if any)/Children under his or her legal custody (for widowed or divorced)
2) Fiance/Fiancee Scheme – Applicant with fiance or fiancee if applicants are courting couple intending to married, they apply under this scheme.
Note: If applicant is below 21 years old, he can only be listed as an occupier in the application. If either of the applicant is between 18 to 21 years old, the written consent of the applicant’s parents or guardians must be submitted with application.
3) Orphan Scheme – Applicant with unmarried siblings/another single unrelated orphan. At least one deceased parents was Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident. Siblings are not allowed to buy or rent flats under orphans scheme separately.
4) Joint Singles Scheme – The applicant and unmarried siblings (35yrs SC + 35 yrs SC)The CPF housing grant scheme for singles is not applicable for purchase of EC.
– Income Ceiling: Your average gross monthly household income must not exceed $12,000.
– Ownership in Private Property: You, your spouse, any occupiers listed in the Application Form or their spouses must not own or dispose or have an estate or interest in any other flat, house, building or land*
* includes but not limited to:
*Only applicable for first-timer applicants
If you have already bought two housing units, you will not be eligible to apply or be listed as an essential occupier in an application.